The following announcement was submitted by Patti Mason, to submit your own announcement, e-mail the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Offered the first weekend of each month at the Historic Center of Westford and beyond, including monthly community collaborative activities. The Roudenbush Community Center and the Westford Family FunFest presents “Celebrate Westford! Historic Center and Beyond” Events/programs will be offered the first weekend of every month starting on October 3-5, 2014 on the historic Westford Center and other areas in Westford. Activities will start on Friday and finish on Sunday each month.
Programs for all ages will be presented including multi-cultural events, art shows, music and drama programs, scavenger hunts, ice skating, snow sculpture contests, geocaching, authors/lectures and more. Programs and events are being planned jointly by the Roudenbush Community Center, Westford Family FunFest, and additionally the Parish Center for the Arts, J. V. Fletcher Library, Westford Academy Theatre Arts, and Westford Council on Aging, Westford Parks & Recreation, Members of the Westford Business Association, and others. Cultural Programs from surrounding towns will be presented in Westford venues. Westford businesses including Westford Common area businesses – Northern Bank and Trust Company, Art on Main, and The Fashion Truck will offer events and discounts for October and other months. Westford non-profit/service organizations will offer special events and programs during this year-long celebration. Watch for details each month.
The Celebration begins the weekend of October 3-5 and will be celebrated each month until September 2015. Many events are free, some events have a cost ($). These year-long events are partially sponsored by a grant from the Greater Lowell Community Foundation and others.
Visit www.westford.com/funfest for more information on these events.
- Friday, Oct 3 through 31 Start of the Westford Fall Photo Contest by Westford Family FunFest and Northern Bank and Trust Company of Westford
- Friday, October 3th – Cameron Senior Center 20 Pleasant St.– Social Dance for Seniors from 1:30pm – 3:30pm with DJ Jon Mansfield. $
- Friday and Saturday – October 3 and 4th – First Parish Church United of Westford Inside Yard Sale – at 48 Main St. Fellowship Hall – opens at 9am on Friday and Saturday. Free admission
- Friday, Saturday and Sunday – October 3 – 5 – Start of Westford Fire Prevention Month – stop by the Westford Fire Department and visit the fire trucks and firemen. Fire Prevention Materials available
- Friday, Oct 3 – Roudenbush Student Chess Club 7-8pm at Roudenbush 65 Main St. Stop by and learn more and join in on the fun of Chess. $3
- Friday & Saturday, October 3 &4 – Stop by the Fashion Truck at 40 Main St. and see all the new fall fashions including jewelry and accessories. Hours – Friday 12 noon – 7 pm and Saturday 10am – 5pm. Celebrate Westford – check out the special Westford items. In house special this weekend too.
- Friday and Saturday – October 3 and 4th – Roudenbush Community Center Visit the “Artist Gallery” with paintings by Artist Darcy Salamander for early Open during the week for viewing. Call 978 692-5511 ext 0 for hours.
- Saturday, October 4, Art on Main 40 Main St. 1 – 2 p.m. Paint Autumn Leaves: Capture the beautiful colors of Fall in watercolor — as you paint autumn leaves! The first 6 attendees (age teen to adult) will participate! Instructed by Susan Lyall Haley. FREE
- Sunday, October 5, 1 – 2 p.m. Art on Main – 40 Main St. Travel & Family Photography: Beyond Point & Shoot: Want more from your photos than point and-shoot offers? Come hear Scott Murray discuss how to make your family and travel photos more interesting. FREE
- Sunday, October 5th – PCA 10 Lincoln St. – Art Gallery opens from 12 noon to 2 pm. New art of Artist, Bill Denison – FREE
- Saturday, October 4 – Town wide Yard Sale at Abbot School and all over Westford. – check www.roudenbush.org for details and listing of homes. Times are listed on website too. FREE admission
- Saturday, October 4 – 9am – 11:30am – Northern Bank and Trust Company – 45 Main St. Saturday. Stop by and decorate cookies. FREE
- Saturday, October 4th – 9:15am – 9:45am at the Roudenbush Community Center 65 Main St. Karate Demonstration by TAE KWON Do Karate Club on the front lawn.
- Saturday, October 4 The Westford Recreation presents “Music on the Common” with the Bank, Point of VU. From 11:00am – 1 pm FREE
- Saturday, October 4 2-4 pm at the J. V. Fletcher Library presents “Pastel Paint Like the Masters with Georgia O’Keeffe Calla Lily workshop – FREE with materials. Must Register at Library.
- Sunday, October 5 – Westford Historical Society and Museum 2 Boston Rd. – Museum open Sundays from 2-4 pm – Many different exhibits including new ” Parker Village Area exhibit ” , Westford Knight exhibit and more. FREE
- Sunday, October 5 – Sustainable Westford Fundraiser at Chipotle -174 Littleton Rd. Westford from 5-8 pm.. At checkout, say your part of Sustainable Westford and 50% goes back to Sustainable Westford for future projects. $
Beyond (date and center)…..
- Thursday, October 2 at Art on Main 40 Main St. Come celebrate the 5th Anniversary of Art on Main with a special Wine & Nibbles Celebration and special Art Exhibit for the month. FREE
- Saturday, October 18 at Abbot School outdoor area – 1st Annual Westford Food/Fashion Truck Festival from 12 noon – 5 pm. Food trucks, Fashion Truck, kids’ activities including Halloween Parade at 1 pm; music, learn about Westford Organizations at info tables and learn about the new Westford Business Association (WBA) info table and more.
- Tuesday, October 21 7 pm at the Museum 2 Boston Rd. – Westford Historical Society presents David Brody( author of the Westford Knight) lecture and book signing on his new book , “Oath of Nimrod: Giants, MK-Ultra and the Smithsonian Cover-up . FREE lecture, books available $ and signing.
- Friday &Saturday, October 24 -25– Cameron Senior Center Fall Harvest Fair 20 Pleasant St– 8am – 2 pm
- Wednesday, October 29 7pm Westford Historical Society Lecture on “Historic Apples of the Area and more by John Bunker – FREE, donations accepted – Held at the First Parish Church Fellowship Hall 48 Main St. .