Last week, Superintendent Bill Olsen announced that after further discussion with school administrators, there will be a “phase-in” period for the school department’s new volunteer fingerprinting policy.
Under the phase-in, field trips where a staff member is present still take place between now and Dec. 31, 2014 with volunteers who only have a CORI check, as previously required.
All volunteers will require a fingerprint to chaperone field trips after Jan. 1, 2014.
The following field trips don’t fall under the phase-in.
- All Overnight Field Trips chaperones
- All offsite field trip chaperones that could require a chaperone to be separated from staff members (example museums). This determination is @ the discretion of the building principal.
- Grade 5 Environmental Camp
- Ski and Snowboard Clubs
- All athletic coaches, assistant coaches and volunteer coaches
- All onsite tutors and offsite tutors who are currently listed as available tutors on the WPS web site.
More information is available on the school department website.
You must be logged in to post a comment.