Town Manager Jodi Ross drafted her goals for fiscal 2021 to 2022 and presented them to Select Board members on Oct. 26. The board will take up the matter again on Nov. 7.
DRAFT 2021-2022 Town Manager Goals (with feedback from Select Board members.)
1. Adhere to the Select Board Fiscal Year 2023 Budget Policy Direction.
2. Provide town departmental support to the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee.
Support the committee and
seek any available grant funding to assist with equity assessment efforts.
3. Support the Town and School Safety Task Force’s charge by developing specific safety and wellness recommendations. Bring these recommendations to Select Board and School Committee for their consideration, input and approval prior to bringing to the Select Board or Town Meeting for consideration of funding. Identify funding to continue the use of the William James Interface Referral Service to assist our residents with identifying
required mental health services.
4. Work with the Permanent Town Building Committee (PTBC) and other committees and town staff to coordinate the demolition of the old Center Fire Station, continue the design of the proposed New Center Building, with a request for construction funding to be presented at the 2022 Annual Town Meeting.
5. Develop a process to allow the Select Board to evaluate and prioritize requests for American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funding to address ongoing COVID-19 concerns as well as other priorities caused by a reduction in revenue due to the pandemic. The plan must adhere to the deadlines to allocate funds by December 31, 2024 and to spend all funding by December 31, 2026.
6. Establish a Health Insurance Trust Fund, pursuant to MGL Chapter 32B, Section 3A, with funding from employee and
employer contributions for supporting a town partially self-funded group health insurance plan and enter contracts and
execute documents necessary to effectuate this purpose.
7. Assist the efforts of the 35 Town Farm Road Task Force, in coordination with the PTBC, to support the redevelopment of the Town Farm site into senior affordable housing and a new home for the Westford Food Pantry. Identify supplemental town funding required to construct a new Fire Training Facility at 60 Forge Village Road.
8. Implement the environmental cleanup efforts at the 12 North Main Street property using the grant funds received by the One Stop for Growth Program. Obtain the Historic Commission’s recommendations for the property, and report options
back to the Select Board.
9. Ensure that personal information of residents in all formats is being appropriately protected, that measures are in place
to minimize the risk of data breaches or other cyber-attacks whether technically based or through social engineering, and to ensure that the town has appropriate plans for recovery from such events.
10. Continue to monitor any impacts from the Newport Materials asphalt plant, and coordinate compliance with settlement
agreement terms and obligations. Work with steering group of DPW, Parks and Grounds, Facilities and Town Manager’s office to offset capital improvement costs with mitigation labor and materials.
11. Work with Pedestrian Safety Committee, Police, Fire, Engineering, Highway, Health, Library and other departments
to investigate ways to promote Westford as a healthy community through policies, programs, and infrastructure
12. Work with the Clean Energy and Sustainability Committee, other town boards / committees, town staff, and members of the Westford resident and business community, to increase the sustainability of Westford, by increasing energy
efficiency, expanding the use of renewable energy, and working towards net zero greenhouse gas emissions. Explore options for establishing a Sustainability Coordinator position.
13. Work with the Economic Development Committee, and other town boards and departments, and engage the public to
explore possible amendments to the town’s zoning bylaw to help businesses better adapt to the effects of the COVID19 pandemic.
Approved by the Select Board on _______________________