WESTFORD — Council on Aging Director Jennifer Claro shared the following job posting with WestfordCAT for publication.
Provides door-to-door transportation service to Westford seniors (age fifty-five plus) and disabled residents (all ages and may require a parent if not an adult) medical and other scheduled appointments, the Senior Center, shopping, and other locations. Ensure the operational safety of both the van and passengers.
1. Use common sense and proper driving techniques.
2. Call the afternoon prior to driving to determine first pick up time.
3. Inspect the van before startup each morning using the Van Inspection Checklist. Walk around vehicle
inspection includes tire check, oil stains, lights, horn, directionals, flashers, brake lights, and interior
cleanliness with attention to removing potential obstacles from floor daily.
4. Inspect schedule and determine exact location of transport and if more information needs to be gathered prior to departure.
5. Pick up clients at appropriate times.
6. Provide light assistance to anyone in need when entering or leaving the van, walking, and opening doors.
7. Provide assistance for the disabled or wheelchair bound especially securement in vehicle.
8. Report any incidents or accidents to the Lead Van Driver and/or the Director of Elder Services immediately. Report to Police as necessary. Reports are to be detailed using appropriate forms.
9. Report any service needs to the Lead Van Driver.
11. Complete trip sheet (mileage, etc.) and return to Lead Van Driver.
12. We do not transport at any time with dangerous weather/road conditions. If you are on the road and weather becomes inclement call supervisor with information and return to Cameron as soon as riders are safe at home.
13. Other duties as requested.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Good driving record, knowledge of area streets and facilities. Courteous, patient, friendly when serving riders ability to maintain confidentiality. Participate in annual drivers training. Current driver’s license; excellent driving record. CORI check, First Aid, CPR, (AED) Defibrillator and State Course as required.
Starting Pay: $17.00 per hour
Please submit resume and cover letter by as soon as possible to: HR@westfordma.gov or mail to:
Westford Town Hall
Pam Hicks, Director of Human Resources
55 Main Street
Westford, MA. 01886
For a full position description, please visit https://www.westfordma.gov/
Local journalism is vital to our communities. As other publications shift focus toward regional journalism, WestfordCAT continues to provide high-quality hyperlocal reporting to our town, free for everyone to read. So — we have a small favor to ask. Every contribution, no matter how big or small, helps us sustain our journalism and keep our community informed. Please consider supporting WestfordCAT for as little as $1 on PayPal.