WESTFORD — The Select Board has approved a number of additional American Rescue Plan projects as it continues to allocate funding towards priority needs.
A full list of requests can be found online.
A complete list of funded projects can be found below:
- $50,000 for an additional supplemental appropriation for gasoline and diesel fuel for the town’s fleet of vehicles.
- $8,825 to purchase an additional 300 Electronic Vote Tabulators for Annual Town Meeting. The town currently owns 500 tabulators, but notes a number of registered voters did not receive tabulators at the Oct. 17 Special Town Meeting.
- $7,939 to supplement funding for hybrid vehicle for the building Department. $31,359 was originally approved at an Oct. 17 Special Town Meeting.
- $151,752.57 to supplement unanticipated bus transportation costs. The schools must pay a fuel surcharge for any amount in excess of $3.177 per gallon of diesel fuel. The projected amount to cover the current fuel surcharge is $97,931.57. Additionally, Dee Bus Service has quoted Westford Public Schools at $53,820 for bus service as a result of the Beaver Brook bridge closure.
- $49,250 for Westford Public Schools to purchase educational materials supporting trauma-sensitive classrooms, anxiety support groups and “Calming Kits” for pre-kindergarten through fifth grade.
- $4,509.11 for supplemental funding for a one ton dump truck with plow for the Highway Department. $65,000 was originally approved at the Oct. 17 Special Town Meeting for the vehicle.
- $5,000 to upgrade the town’s GIS system.
- $21,900 for entry level commercial drivers license training for the Department of Public Works.
- $6,000 for rental, mortgage and utility assistance for FY23.
The total cost for each project is $304,875.68. As of a Dec. 7 report, Westford has approximately $3.27 million in ARPA funding remaining.
Local journalism is vital to our communities. As other publications shift focus toward regional journalism, WestfordCAT continues to provide high-quality hyperlocal reporting to our town, free for everyone to read. So — we have a small favor to ask. Every contribution, no matter how big or small, helps us sustain our journalism and keep our community informed. Please consider supporting WestfordCAT for as little as $1 on PayPal.