Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Editor’s Note: The following timeline was compiled by School Committee member Alicia Curtin Mallon, one of three belonging to the Superintendent Search Subcommittee. Click here to learn more.
- Search started in the first week of September (2020) with public subcommittee meetings
- Search subcommittee consisted of Alicia Curtin Mallon, Chris Sanders, and Sean Kelly
- The Search Subcommittee reviewed four search firms and the full committee chose MASC (Massachusetts Association of School Committees).
- We met throughout the fall to develop a survey of stakeholder groups.
- Received 336 responses from parents, students, staff, our town partners, and the entire Westford community.
- From that, we created a leadership profile from what the community shared as their priorities for the future of Westford.
- We then formed a Preliminary Screening Committee of 14 stakeholders:
- School Committee members Alicia Curtin Mallon, Chris Sanders, and Sean Kelly, as well as Central Office Administrator Kerry Clery
- Building Principal – Jim Antonelli
- Elementary Staff – Noelle Coulter
- Middle School Staff – Amy Bailey
- High School Staff – Stephanie Gosselin
- Elementary Parent – Danielle Thompson
- Middle School Parent – David Hill
- High School Parent – Anjali Rajput
- Municipal Representative – Tom Clay
- CommunityMember At-Large – Ellen Harde
- Recent Alumni – Ariella Fleischer
The Process of Finding a new Superintendent
We had 28 initial applicants (27 by the time the Preliminary Screening Committee met). Initial applicant names are not available to the public. The PSC reviewed hundreds of pages of application packets, then narrowed the pool down to nine semi-finalists. Semi-finalist names are not available to the public.